As the first phase of the lunar cycle, New Moons are a time of new beginnings – a time when anything is possible. The first New Moon of 2018 will occur on Tuesday, January 16! According to the AstroTwins, this moon will carry a grounding energy and, with so many heavenly bodies in Capricorn’s sphere that day (the moon, the Sun, Mercury, Venus, Saturn and Pluto), “our 2018 goals and resolutions will really start to take root.” This is an optimal time to set your intentions for the year so you can manifest your dream life.
A Simple Ritual for Next Week’s New Moon
Manifesting with the New Moon is quite simple – just be sure to start as close to the time of the New Moon (in this case, Tuesday, January 16 at 9:18pm) or within the three days following for the best results.
Steps to manifesting with the New Moon:
- Get a journal or piece of paper and find a quiet place to sit. Play some relaxing music and light a candle.
- Take a moment to practice gratitude for all the wonderful people and things that are already in your life. Write down the names of five people you’re grateful for and take a moment to send them love.
- Take a few deep, calming breaths to center yourself.
- Write down (or draw) your top 5-10 wishes/intentions. Writing is an important part of the manifestation process – it solidifies your thoughts and sets the Universe in motion. I use blue ink because the color carries a high vibration.
- Read back through your wishes – and this is super important – visualize each one coming true. Put yourself in the moment when the wish comes true – how does it feel? Don’t just think it – feel it. I can’t stress how important this step is. Do you feel overcome with joy? Happiness? Relief? Do you have butterflies in your stomach or is your heart bursting with excitement? Hold on to that feeling during the manifestation process. The secret to manifesting is to ensure your intentions come from the heart, and that you feel them as if they’ve already happened.
- Write an affirmation for each wish. For instance, if you are wishing for a new home, your affirmation might be, “I love my new home!” Affirmations should be written as if they’ve already happened and you are living out that dream.
- Think about each of your wishes and how you are going to take action. Back to the new home example – perhaps taking action means getting your finances in order or getting pre-approved for a loan. Maybe it’s decluttering your current home and preparing it for sale so you can move into your dream home. You must take steps toward your goal - just don’t get hung up on “how” your manifestation will come to fruition. Mine never happens the way I think.
- Meditate for 10-15 minutes. Release all your wishes/intentions into the Universe. Most importantly, release any attachments to the specifics of your wish. The Universe might have something better in store for you. An easy way to release attachment is to say, think and believe that the Universe will deliver “This, or something better.”
Revisit your manifestation list during the next New Moon in February. What has happened during the past month to get you closer to your intentions? Are there additional steps you can take to go in the direction of your dreams? Do you need to revise your list or make any tweaks? Understand that manifestation doesn’t happen overnight – trust that when you release your intentions to the Universe, it is conspiring to make them happen, as long as they are for the greatest good of all involved.
New Moon Blessings!